20 Brief Facts About Video
Have you ever wondered what all the fuss is about when it comes to videos? Maybe you already know what the fuss is about and you just need some amazing stats to convince your boss! Whatever the reason, thanks for stopping by.
Here are 20 fast facts about video…Enjoy!
- Businesses using video grow company revenue 49% faster, year-over-year, than organizations without.
- 79% of consumers would rather watch a video to learn about a product, than read text on a page.
- YouTube is the SECOND most popular search engine, in the world. (In case you weren’t sure, number 1 is Google)
- Forrester Research found that video increases the chance of a front-page Google result by 53 times!
- Our Rise in Video infographic shows that videos are 4x more engaging than static content.
- 20 MILLION videos are uploaded to Facebook each month
- 39 BILLION videos are viewed per month in the U.S. That’s 211 videos viewed and 16 hours of time spent per person, per MONTH!
- Mobile video traffic accounted for 55% of total mobile data traffic in 2015. This will increase elevenfold to 75% by 2020
- Networking manufacturer Ciscostate that 86% of the Internet audience is watching online video – that’s 183 million people!
- More than three-quarters (76%) of users have visited a company’s website after watching one of their video ads on social media.
- 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound.
- Among millennials, YouTubeaccounts for two-thirds of the premium online video watched across ALL devices.
- 99% of businesses will continue to use video throughout 2019, and 88% will spend more.
- 80% of users can recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days.
- By 2025, half of the viewers under the age of 32 will not subscribe to a pay-TV service.
- Video in an email leads to a 200-300% increase in click-through rates.
- It would take an individual more than 5 million years to watch the amount of video that will cross global IP networks each month in 2020.
- Snapchatterswatch 10 billion videos a day.
- In 1956, video recorders were sold for $50,000 and videotapes cost $300 per one-hour reel!
- 69% say they’d be more likely to watch a video ad their friend had shared.
February 4, 2022